Thank you for your interest in Horizon Science Academy Toledo! We strongly believe that education requires a strong partnership between the school and family, therefore, we reflect that in our admissions procedure.
Steps for enrollment:
1. View the online building tour for the applicable grades using the link below. The tour will showcase HSAT facilities and provide basic school information.
2. Complete the interest form here so our staff can contact you to schedule an in-person building tour and enrollment meeting (in person or via Zoom) to discuss HSAT’s offerings and building a partnership to educate your child. Meetings take approximately 30-60 minutes and should include both the parent and student.
We ask that if you have to cancel or change your appointment please notify us via email at least 24 hours prior. Failure to follow this policy may result in losing your place on the enrollment list, and possibly missing the opportunity for enrollment.
3. After the enrollment meeting, you will receive the complete enrollment application. Only AFTER this application and all applicable documents are returned will your child’s spot be secured for the upcoming school year. Please review our list of required documents listed below:
- Immunization record (must be provided within 14 days of the start of school or your child will be excluded from school until the document is received)
- Un-official transcript for High School students. Report card for K-8 students.
- Birth certificate. The document registered with the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
- Copy of parent/legal guardian’s driver’s license.
- Custody papers. If custody papers are required and not presented, the child cannot be admitted. If a custody change is in progress a notarized affidavit listing the court file number of the custody petition may be substituted, but for no longer than (60) days.
- Current IEP/ETR if applicable. Please advise the school during enrollment if your child receives any special services.
Please provide one of the following dated within the last 60 days:
- Utility bill (Electricity, gas, water/sewer, residence phone, cable/satellite TV)
- Real estate tax bill
- Bank statement
- Rent receipt with parent’s current address included on receipt
- Pay Stub
- Lease Agreement
- Documented affirmation of parent(s) address from district of residence where parent(s) currently reside
- Notarized affirmation from parent(s) of current residence address
- USPS return receipt from certified letter sent to parent(s) by district of residence filing Form SF-DRC 9
- Written confirmation from the Department of Jobs and Family Services of the parent(s) current address
- Written confirmation from a local law enforcement agency of the parent(s) current address