Horizon Science Academy staff is working hard to make sure all of our students are prepared for this year’s AIR State Testing. Testing begins April 2 and will continue until April 10. April 2 – 5 will be a half-day for all students. Students will be released at 12:18 pm. This half-day will give students time to better prepare for the next day’s testing.
What can you do to help your student(s)?
1. Read out loud with your student. You can help them increase their reading comprehension by asking questions about what you read.
2. Ask your student what they struggle with in math and watch videos to help learn the concepts!
3. Try some test questions at home — just a couple a night will help them practice!
4. Access school provided resources such as MobyMax and Study Island.
WHY ARE THESE TESTS IMPORTANT?
1. Standardized testing is a form of testing that is created, administered, and scored in the same way for all students in order to obtain an objective picture of student, teacher, school, and district performance.
2. It is a great way to challenge students and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
3. The better students do on these tests, the more resources we can get for our school.