Thank you for your interest in Horizon Science Academy Toledo! We strongly believe that education requires a strong partnership between the school and family, therefore, we reflect that in our admissions procedure.
Steps for enrollment:
- Schedule a tour and enrollment meeting to discuss HSAT’s offerings and building a partnership to educate your child. Meetings take approximately 1 hour and the student should accompany the parent for the visit. Please also bring the most recent grade card, transcript, IEP/504 plan, and any other documents that relate to the needs of your child.
You can schedule your meeting by calling our main office at 419-474-3350 OR complete the interest form here and we will contact you!
We ask that if you have to cancel or change your appointment please notify our office at least 24 hours prior. Failure to follow this policy may result in losing your place on the enrollment list, and possibly missing the opportunity for enrollment.
2. After the enrollment meeting, you will receive the complete enrollment application from our main office. Only AFTER this application and all applicable documents are returned will your child’s spot be secured for the upcoming school year. Please review our list of required documents listed below:
Documents to bring for registration:
- Immunization record (must be provided within 14 days of the start of school or your child will be excluded from school until the document is received)
- Un-official transcript for High School students. Report card for K-8 students.
- Birth certificate. The document registered with the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
- Copy of parent/legal guardian’s driver’s license.
- Custody papers. If custody papers are required and not presented, the child cannot be admitted. If a custody change is in progress a notarized affidavit listing the court file number of the custody petition may be substituted, but for no longer than (60) days.
- Current IEP/ETR if applicable. Please advise the school during enrollment if your child receives any special services.
Please provide one of the following dated within the last 60 days:
- Utility bill (Electricity, gas, water/sewer, residence phone, cable/satellite TV)
- Real estate tax bill
- Bank statement
- Rent receipt with parent’s current address included on receipt
- Pay Stub
- Lease Agreement
- Documented affirmation of parent(s) address from district of residence where parent(s) currently reside
- Notarized affirmation from parent(s) of current residence address
- USPS return receipt from certified letter sent to parent(s) by district of residence filing Form SF-DRC 9
- Written confirmation from the Department of Jobs and Family Services of the parent(s) current address
- Written confirmation from a local law enforcement agency of the parent(s) current address